Ventilated Balance Enclosure (VBE)
Esco Pharma’s Ventilated Balance Enclosure (VBE) is specifically designed for a stable and accurate handling and weighing of potent powders while ensuring a high containment level for operator protection. The aerodynamically designed sash and arm rest with its sectionalized baffle, guarantees that the airborne powders are well contained inside the enclosure and exhausted through a HEPA filter or directly to the laboratory exhaust.
- Negative pressure application for a high level of operator protection from hazardous airborne particles.
- Disposal port is equipped with O-ring to provide a sealed trash bag, as an additional powder containment solution.
- VBE is equipped with a filter and a blower module for better airflow control.
This unit is equipped with aerodynamic sash handle and arm rest to provide optimized airflow inside the enclosure.
- Air enters the VBE unit through the lower part of the work zone and through the sash (via sash sweep to allow sweeping of airborne powders away from the sash).
- This air is then pulled by the blowers and passed through HEPA filters (Bag-In, Bag-Out) before being exhausted out of the unit.
Sentinel XL Microprocessor Controller
Provides control, visual monitoring, and alarm system.
- Doors shall give > 90° opening for full access
- Interlocking doors preventing cross-contamination by not allowing sterile unloading doors from opening until after biodecontamination
The design of VBE is modular in terms of exhaust and filtration system.
Two Types of Filtration Systems
- Single Filtration: with only one HEPA (H14) filter in Bag-In, Bag-Out configuration.
- Double Filtration: with two HEPA (H14) filters in a series in Bag-In, Bag-Out configuration.
Three Exhaust Options
- Ducted: recommended for handling volatile potent powders.
- Ductless: applicable for operations not associated with handling volatile materials.
- Portable Duct: recommended for facilities without a high ceiling clearance.
Wide array of VBE enclosure modules or configurations
Covers various operations involving powder weighing and dispensing.
- Standard suitable for facilities with small spaces wherein the client can easily add-on portable exhaust filter or ducting options.
- Tall: applicable for clients utilizing tall equipment for their specific weighing and powder handling operations.
- Tall and Deep: perfect for large-scale powder handling which can be easily fitted with the work top with drum access.
Constructed with Quality Materials
Electro-galvanized steel with white oven-baked epoxy polyester powder coating.
- The Isocide™ powder coating has antimicrobial properties.
- Options for a full stainless steel construction is also possible.
Esco Pharma’s Ventilated Balance Enclosure is designed to safely and efficiently handle potent/toxic powders by continuously pulling air towards the cabinet’s work zone. This configuration ensures a negative pressured environment is kept at all times, thus preventing any untoward operator and environmental exposure.
- Air enters the VBE unit through the open sash, via the lower/ middle part of the work zone and through the actual opening on the sash (via sash sweep to allow sweeping of airborne particles away from the sash).
- This air is then pulled through the backwall of the unit by the blowers and passed through HEPA filters (Bag-In, Bag-Out) before being exhausted out of the unit. Additional carbon filters can also be added, depending on the chemicals handled by the client.
- Airflow Velocity Check
- Confirms that the air velocity in the chamber is within the specifications and able to prevent cross-contamination in the facility.
- Filter Integrity Test
- To ensure that there are no leaks in the system to ensure proper containment of potent powders.
- Noise Level Test
- Light Intensity Test
- Airflow Visualization Check
- Demonstrates the airflow characteristics inside the VBE unit.
- Vibration Test*
Work top option:
- Solid Epoxy
- Suitable for handling laboratory chemicals/reagents .
- SS 304
- SS 316
- Appropriate for high accuracy weighing operations as the granite prevents generation of vibration.
VBE base stand options:
- Support stand
- Cabinet type base
- Support stand with drum access
- Castor wheel
- Leveling feet
- Tall and Deep
- Single filtration
- Dual filtration
Additional Carbon filter
- For VBE units without a granite top, this slab can be added to guarantee high accuracy of weighing readings. The client’s preferred weighing balance can be set up on top this slab to remove traces of vibration.
- Please provide the dimensions (WxDxH) of the weighing balance upon ordering.